Philotechnos Children's Library
New Children's Books
The Philotechnos Children’s Library was made possible in 2013 through a generous donation by the Philotechnos Club.
The Philotechnos Club was organized on November 25, 1947 by mothers who felt that they could improve the community and enrich the lives of their children more fully if they worked as a group.
The name “Philotechnos,” is derived from two Greek words meaning “child loving” or “love of child.”
The organization grew from fifteen to thirty-five members and included a program of activity consisting of child-study programs, the maintenance and operation of a kindergarten for four and five year olds, and civic activity to promote the welfare of all children in the community.